"A couturier must be an architect for design, a sculptor for shape, a painter for color, a musician for harmony, and a philosopher for temperance." ~ Cristobal Balenciaga

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summertime Essentials

Hey All,

I hope you are having fun in the sun!  Sorry I've been kind of MIA lately.  Besides working, I've been out galavanting a little bit on my days off, enjoying the summer sunshine and lovely heat.  But I promise to update you on all my escapades and to post some more eye candy very soon.

To placate you until that happens, here is a blog post about me as part of Greta Constantine's Summer Staff Essentials blog series, detailing the top ten must-haves I can't live without this summer.  The series is pretty cute, so check it out ;)

Here's the original post on moi, written by GC's Digital PR Intern, Jill:







Meet Corinne. She is among our most lovely and talented design assistants here at Greta Constantine. Corinne assists designers Stephen Wong and Kirk Pickersgill in their design process, helping the boys cut and draft a multitude of clothing patterns, as well as sewing special dresses, like a hand-sewn, hand-dyed silk-jersey wedding dress. Corinne has an alluring sense of style, something that is most definitely noted in her top summer picks seen above. Take a peep, and indulge in these pretty little things to be able to put your most stylish foot forward this summer!

1. Sunglasses - even if you're too hot, at least you can still look cool!

2. Fresh's Sugar perfume - a refreshing citrus scent for those hot and sticky days

3. Maxi dresses/skirts - like the jumpsuit, breezy maxis are a little bit retro, feel effortlessly dressed up, and are ultra-versatile

4. Coral lipstick - brightens up my day!

5. My iPod because I cannot go anywhere without my tunes!

6. Mango bubble tea - mmm, mango is my favourite fruit.

7. Jumpsuits/rompers - they're really comfy, easy to dress up or down, and you INSTANTLY look put-together!

8. Strappy wedges - a comfortable way to bend the "no-heels" rule.

9. Sunscreen because looking like a GIANT red lobster is never cute.

10. Gold accessoriesthey make any outfit feel more polished. I also seem to have an unintentional feather fetish lately...

We can all take a lesson from Ms. Long's summer season must-haves. Rest assured, we will not have to suffer through this seemingly global heat wave... In fact, her summer loves will have you looking so glam. We can work and play in style until these dog days are over. What are your top summer picks? Let us know in the comment box below, kids. Also, tweet at us and Facebook "Friend" us.

Xx greta c.


Pretty sweet, huh?  They're so lovely to me :)  Love to my GC peeps! xoxo

Also, the jumpsuit pictured is designed/made by yours truly ;)


Anyway, I guess that's all for now, but there will be an explosion of posts very soon, so get ready for it!


Corinne 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I really appreciate your support! Please leave your blog address, and I will repay the visit! :)

Corinne xo