"A couturier must be an architect for design, a sculptor for shape, a painter for color, a musician for harmony, and a philosopher for temperance." ~ Cristobal Balenciaga

Monday, November 28, 2011

Exciting Exhibit Excursions - Part 1



Dear Readers,

Yes, the time has come for the long-promised post about my escapades this past summer!  For the first time, I was able to go to NYC this summer not once but TWICE!!  My lovely bosses at Greta Constantine, Kirk Pickersgill and Stephen Wong, became my fairy godfathers and took me with them!  The first time, we went to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit, Savage Beauty, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art!  The second time, we went during New York Fashion Week!  Lucky me!!!

First stop, the Met:




And now for Savage Beauty.  This exhibit was, in a word, amazing.  It was the best exhibit I have ever been to and was incredibly well done.  It also gave me an eerily strong sense of McQueen's spiral into increasing darkness.  It was an obsessive exploration.  Each piece was a beautiful work of art, and I've included a few of my favourite photos from the exhibit below:

images courtesy of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty
and from the exhibition catalogue, Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty, photography by © lve Sundsbø / Art + Commerce


 

























The Museum itself was beautiful too!  I can't even imagine how long it would take to go through the whole place.  We took a ridiculous amount of time just at the McQueen exhibit!







Besides the exhibit, we also did a lot of shopping ;)


















one of our celeb sightings, Lara Stone!  We also saw Agyness Deyn & possible Joan Smalls & Shalom Harlow :)

One of the things I loved most about NYC was the gorgeous architecture:











And now for the second time around...our visit to Lincoln Center during NYFW, where we snapped pics of the fashionable crowd and had our pics snapped too!  I could have people watched here all day long!


my lovely friend and GC coworker, Stefanie Ayoub

Stef & I happened to both be doing the sheer black look that day lol

Well, that's it for my summer excitement, Part 1: NYC!  Stay tuned for Part 2: Montréal!!!


Corinne

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. wow i can't believe you did all this over the summer! you lucky giiirl xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment in my blog! Your blog is amazing! I will follow you girl! NY is magical, amazing, the best city in the world! I just love it! xoxo

    fashionistafueradelaciudad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I really appreciate your support! Please leave your blog address, and I will repay the visit! :)

Corinne xo