"A couturier must be an architect for design, a sculptor for shape, a painter for color, a musician for harmony, and a philosopher for temperance." ~ Cristobal Balenciaga

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Legacies and Links



I am happy to announce that my post about the amazing and iconic Jeanette "Cookie" Cooke-Dabney, The Life of a Legend and Death of a Diva, was selected this week to be featured among the 20 best links to be rounded up by Independent Fashion Bloggers and included in Links à la Mode.  I am looking forward to reading all the posts (listed below) and I urge you to do the same.  I am so very glad more people will know more about Cookie and how beautiful a person she was.  It really means a lot to me to be able to share the life of my friend, model, and muse, if only in a small way.  Cookie's life, love, and legacy should be shared...Cookie, as well as her family, deserves that and so much more.  She is greatly missed but never forgotten.

~


lalam0123

Stepping Up the Style

The thing that keeps fashion interesting is that it's a never-ending project. But that doesn't mean we don't like to strive for perfection anyway. Whether it be following your favorite fashion icons, saying no to the trends, or breaking cliches, style can always be stepped up even when we simplify our wardrobes. This week we have a solid round up of style related posts, so be sure to check them all out!

Links à la Mode: January 23rd

SPONSOR: EastDane David Galan, IRO.Jeans, MSGM, Raleigh Denim, Tretorn Shoes, Jack Spade, UllensFerragamo, RivierasThe Natural 

13 comments:

  1. I don't know her but I will read it! Sorry for your loss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the feature. was a really heartfelt piece

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following, Zara. Your blog was so lovely, I followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a bit late but condolence to your dear friend Ms. Cookie. She will be greatly remembered. :(

    http://batbutt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice:)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog! I really appreciate it! <3 Congratulations on the feature!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely suggestions there and thanks for the detailed list - i'm going to check these out now!

    Check out my latest outfit post and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I really appreciate your support! Please leave your blog address, and I will repay the visit! :)

Corinne xo